This past weekend, over a hundred nationally ranked, U16 to U18, youth soccer teams traveled to San Diego, California for the 34th annual soccerloco Surf Cup at the Del Mar Polo fields.
Joining them in the festivities were over 400 college coaches and scouts looking for fresh talent to add to their collegiate soccer programs. Stakes were high as the rivalry for bracket titles began, and field spotlights became apparent. But, high-level competition is no stranger to this tournament, as many of the teams accepted into this cup have been competing on this level for seasons before.
Although there could only be one winner per bracket, all of the teams performed with discipline, passion, and positive sportsmanship. These characteristics are important to any athlete’s professional success, as they serve to build a well-rounded player.
Here are the winning teams from this past weekend:
· Men’s U18 Super: Placer United 97B RED
· Men’s U18 Gold: Mustang SC Internazionale
· Women’s U18 Super: MVLA Mercury 96G Black
· Women’s U18 Gold: Eastside FC RED
· Men’s U17 Super: Tijuana Xoloitzcuintiles de Caliente XOLOS Fuerzas Basicas 98
· Men’s U17 Gold: Sporting Blue Valley 97-9
· Women’s U17 Super: Real So Cal ECNL
· Women’s U17 Gold: Legends FC
· Men’s U16 Super: Tijuana Xoloitzcuinteles de Caliente Fuerzas Basicas Sub-15
· Men’s U16 Gold: Eastside FC Boys 98 Red
· Women’s U16 Super: SD Surf ECNL Academy
· Women’s U16 Gold: Arsenal FC ECNL – Brown
There also was a large amount of festivities off the field. From the soccerloco and Nike shopping tents to the diverse selection of local food vendors, the tournament grounds served as an enjoyable weekend spot to be at. There was also a large amount of room for media spotlight as many players, coaches and scouts participated in press-interviews and social campaigns presented by the event title sponsor, soccerloco.
With youth soccer being so increasingly popular in the United States, this exposure and interaction served as a great way to promote the enthusiastic and action-packed sport.
To get the full scoop on all the tournament details, visit soccerloco’s Official Weekend 1 Wrap-Up of the event: http://www.soccerloco.com/blog/in-the-community/surf-cup-2014-weekend-1/
This upcoming weekend, on August 2-4, the U10 to U15 Boys & Girls will have their chance to show-off their best skills and athletic abilities. Don’t miss out on this thrilling event to support some of America’s best in youth soccer.