Kentucky Youth Soccer Association announced the winners of the $9,000 Gompper Scholarship on July 2 after weeks of review. The selected student athletes will receive the financial support they need facing expensive college costs.
“After reviewing each application in depth, we were amazed to learn more about the young people in our organization and how they are making a positive impact both on and off the field in their communities,” stated Tim Turney, Kentucky Youth Soccer’s President in a press release. “We believe that the lessons players learn in the youth soccer system – teamwork, dedication, discipline, passion, and a sense of pride – help to build a strong foundation for all of our kids regardless if they continue playing soccer at the next level or not.”
Congratulations to the winners below, and for the full story please visit the KYSA website.
- Cameron Boone (Lexington – Denison University)
- Logan Sizemore (Lexington – University of Kentucky)
- Mark Banta (Crestwood – Indiana University Southeast)
- Walker Andriot (Shelbyville – Xavier University)
- Zach Jones (Henderson – Western Kentucky University)
- Libby Leedom (Florence – University of Dayton)
- Mary Gorham (Nicholasville – Bellarmine University)
- Silvia Radulescu (Lexington – Hamilton College)
- Morgan Riggs (Louisville – University of Kentucky)